Where smoky flavors and sizzling goodness collide in a fiesta of taste, these campfire-grilled steak tacos are perfect for a camping roadtrip when you don’t want to break out the camp stove. Picture this: crackling campfire, starlit skies, and a laid-back atmosphere perfect for grilling up some mouthwatering tacos. Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure, as we tell you how to achieve tender, juicy campfire-grilled steak infused with that irresistible backcountryessence. Grab your favorite toppings, and let's dive into a relaxed, flavor-packed journey that will leave your taste buds dancing under the stars.
Campfire-Grilled Steak Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound of flank steak (or any preferred steak cut)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (or any desired cheese)
- Lime wedges for serving
How To Make Campfire-Grilled Steak Tacos
- Preparing the Steak:
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to create the marinade.
- Place the steak in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish and coat it evenly with the marinade.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish and let the steak marinate for at least 30 minutes or ideally overnight in the cooler.
- Campfire Cooking:
- Preheat the campfire grill or grate over the fire until hot.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the excess marinade.
- Cook the steak over the campfire grill, turning occasionally, until it reaches your desired level of doneness (about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare).
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Warm the Tortillas:
- Wrap the corn tortillas in aluminum foil and place them on the campfire grill for a minute or so, flipping once, until they are warmed through and slightly charred.
- Assembling the Tacos:
- Slice the cooked steak into thin strips against the grain.
- Take a warmed tortilla and add a few strips of steak to the center.
- Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, and crumbled queso fresco.
- Squeeze a fresh lime wedge over the filling for a burst of citrus flavor.
- Fold the tortilla in half, and your campfire steak taco is ready to be savored! Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve the tacos with additional lime wedges on the side, if desired.
Note: You can customize the toppings to your liking, adding avocado slices, salsa, sour cream, or any other favorite taco toppings. Happy camping and bon appétit.
Love this taco recipe but want to go with some lighter flavors? Check out our Blackend Mahi-Mahi Tacos recipe.