1. Do NOT place your knife in the dishwasher. To clean your knife, always hand wash, towel dry and store safely outside the sheath when it's not in use.
2. Because your knife is a piece of functional art, your handle may start to dry out after multiple uses. If this happens, lightly wipe on tung oil or Boos Buther Block Paster and buff it out with a cloth.
3. To maximize your knife's functionality, be sure to keep food-grade oil on the blade. This means using olive oil or aerosol cooking oil spray and wiping it on lightly with a paper towel.
4. For optimal preservation and longevity, store your knife outside of the leather sheath provided - it's designed specifically to absorb and contract moisture that can cause pitting in any steel over time.
5. For best results, avoid prolonged exposure to sun and salt air. While your knife is designed for use in the outdoors, it's best not to leave it on the dock or the patio for days on end.